Saturday, September 18, 2010

This weekend, my school arranged something called "I love london" where students could choose between 30 free events happening all around the city.

Earlier this morning, one of my roommates and I traveled to Hampstead Heath for a hiking tour in 'traditional English countryside'. It was BEAUTIFUL. So much history had happened in the woodsy area that we were walking in & our tour guide did a great job describing different battles and things like that. In the middle of the heath was a gorgeous old mansion that is now the home of donated paintings - including some Rembrandt's! (although, we weren't allowed to take pictures of them).



And for kicks, here's a ~myspace style shot of me going out last night. We found a pub that was holding a benefit dance party, but only played pop punk, nu metal, etc etc. Aka I was the happiest girl ever last night. My friends and I spent the night dancing to new found glory and taking back sunday, and I couldn't have been happier.


edit -
I almost forgot the highlight (lowlight?) of the weekend so far.
One of my roommate's (who had just booked some travel arrangements) was checking her bank account online & discovered that over $1000 was missing! After she called the bank and sorted everything out, I thought I better check my bank account as well, and guess what? $1000 of mine was missing.

Whoever stole the money had my card number and my debit card pin number so my bank thinks that the person put a device in the atm that reads all the info from the magnetic strip on bank/atm cards.

Long story short, after 45mins on the phone with the bank, my money will be refunded & I'm getting a new debit/credit card mailed to me here. However, now I'm extremely nervous and scared to use any kind of bank atm.

1 comment:

  1. i cannot even put into words how incredibly jealous i am of you right nowwww! i want to go to primark SO BAD! and all the fun pubs! GAH! im just gonna go hop on a plane and zip over!

    ReplyDelete