Sunday, September 12, 2010

out & about

Last night my flatmates and I decided to go out into our town and find some places to dance! The area we live in, Camden, is sort of known for being the town in London with a huge amount of venues (discos as London-ers call them haha) so we set out to find a place called The Flower Pot.

The place was pretty small & kind of felt like we were in a college frat house, but it was so fun to just let loose! I'm not a party animal in any way, shape or form (I would much rather hangout at someone's place and have it be laid back) but it was a good time all around.



Oh! I almost forgot the other amazing part of yesterday. After being here for almost 2 weeks and not doing nay real shopping, I NEEDED to go yesterday & convinced my friends to find a store called Primark. I hadn't heard of it before coming here but plenty of people told me it was like "target or forever 21 but 100000000000x better"... and they were so right!

However, shopping at Primark on a Saturday afternoon was like shopping on black friday in new york city 10000x worse haha So we decided we're going back early Wednesday afternoon!
Before giving up, I managed to pick up some teal knockoff Keds for 1pound!

3 comments:

  1. ohh that store sounds awesome! i loooove target & f21! thats def going on my ever growing list! are there a bunch around london or just one in a cetain borough?

    what are your living arrangments like there? how come you didn't get a room just for you? there is a place called NIDO which is housing for people there doing internships/school. they have 3 locations: kings cross, spitalfield, and notting hill. thats where id like to stay if i go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think there are primarks all over the UK but the one here on Oxford Street is HUGE! And I think it's the only one in central London. It was really, really awesome. I think one of my roommates bought leggings for 2-3 pounds!

    I live in a flat with 5 other people! It's really modern (the building was build 3 years ago) and has a big room for 4 girls and a smaller room for the 2 boys. It's not enormous but fits our budget. The way our program works is students pay a program fee which covers field trips, housing, class fees, etc and we are given it in weekly per diems. We could have gotten an enormous studio flat above budget, but we really wanted (needed) to stay right at our per diem so we didn't have to pay extra fees out of pocket.

    London is very much like nyc! Finding a nice, spacious flat for a low price is tough! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh awesome i know where oxford street is! i've visited the 3 floor urban outfitters there.

    That flat & your program sounds cool. I just don't like sharing my space :p i like my personal, private space for myself but i know people who don't mind sharing.

    yes i've heard london is very much like nyc and i totally agree. i was reading a book on london flats to let (to rent) and the book said getting a studio flat in central london (like bloomsbury) can cost you around 200 pounds per week! yikes!

    ReplyDelete