Monday, February 7, 2011

Music Monday

D.R.U.G.S.
(Destory Rebuild Until God Shows)


Blessings often come in disguise, and the formation of Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (D.R.U.G.S.) is a perfect example of how the ending of one experience can be a transformative stepping-stone toward something greater. Case in point: When front man Craig Owens was let go from the Michigan based post-hardcore band he’d fronted since 2001, he was faced with an uncertain situation. Instead of dwelling on it, he turned that energy into the motivation to create a new project that would eclipse anything he’s done in the past. “Over the last 12 months I’ve done a lot of growing as a human being, as far as figuring out who I am,” he explains. “The idea for this band stemmed from the fact that I wanted to do this right; I wanted to make the biggest band I possibly could, and that’s exactly what I’ve done here.”
Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows is an exciting new musical project that pairs Owens alongside other musicians who have undergone similar experiences, and join forces on a mission to create something vital and new. “I wanted to put together all of my closest friends and the best musicians I possibly could, and begin a new project where we all could start fresh,” Owens explains. To round out the band, he selected Underminded guitarist Nick Martin, From First To Last guitarist Matt Good, Matchbook Romance drummer Aaron Stern and Story Of The Year bassist Adam Russell. While this group of rock veterans had never played together as a unit before, they had an undeniable chemistry from the moment they first got together in the same room. 



No comments:

Post a Comment