Monday, May 24, 2010

new york!

I am finally in New York!

My mom and I took the Megabus down on Saturday and let's just say, from now on I'll only take the Megabus if I really, really need to.
Our tickets said to get to the bus station at least 15minutes early to make boarding easier so we got there around 1:15 and the bus was supposed to come at 1:45.
2 hours later we finally boarded! Because it wasn't technically affiliated with the transportation center, there weren't any updates to say that it would be late.

But whatever we got to NYC eventually!

Sunday morning we woke up, ate breakfast at a cute little diner and waited for my dad to arrive with all of my clothes and room stuff.

Hours and hours of unloading and unpacking later:



























I brought SO many clothes and as I was unpacking I realized I forgot to bring hangers!

I went to CVS and got some but I ended up being better off without them because the closet isn't deep enough for a hanger! =X





















I was so nervous about starting my internship that I barely got 4 hours of sleep last night so I loaded up on the makeup to get rid of the dark circles and bags under my eyes.

5 comments:

  1. your room looks so cute! how can a closet not be deep enough for hangers tho?! isnt that what they're designed for? hahaha im glad you fit everything tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it's crazy - like the closet is so shallow that the hangers bend if i shut the door all the way =X

    but i ended up fitting everything in my dresser(s) because i have 3 =XXX hahah

    How is it in nashville!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you got up there! totally crazy that they're not deep enough for hangers! wtf?! haha man oh man! your room is totally cute though! you should put twinklelights on your bed to hang over your desk! (im a total goob and im bringing twinkle lights for my room >.< haha)

    can't wait to get there next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah that's a good idea!

    I definitely need to go to the flea market or something this weekend to get more pictures and posters for my walls.

    The RA said they were tough on having marks on the walls with tacks and nails so I wasn't able to put up my memory board thing (so it's sitting on my drawer thing)
    =[

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried the little adhesive wall hooks? thats what I'm getting for my walls because NYU was the same way. Are the walls painted cement? Ahhh I cant wait for flea markets! we'll have to go to some of the street fairs together!

    ReplyDelete